We recognize that TRIO Peer Tutoring is crucial to the success of many TRIO students and through virtual tutoring, it is our hope that students will continue to build personal relationships with peers who are specifically concerned about their development as learners in this virtual academic community. Visit our TRIO Tutoring page for details.


Fall 2020 Printing Procedure

Printed materials will be available for pick up by appointment only between 11am-1pm, Monday through Friday.

Complete the Request to Print Form that includes your name; email; written statement giving us permission to print the materials for you; and pick-up time. TRIO students may submit files for printing before 10am for same-day pickup.

At the scheduled pick-up time, printed materials will be placed outside Strong Hall Room 7, in a sealed envelope. All documents not picked up by 1pm will be shredded.

What can you print?

Students are limited to 40 pages per day (20 pages front/back).

Examples of documents that students can print: course syllabi journal articles, slides, and blank worksheets/study guides. Course assignments should be submitted directly to the faculty following course guidelines. No documents that include graded work or course assignments (i.e. essays, completed worksheets, completed lab reports) will be printed to protect student privacy.

Printing Guidelines will be reviewed and updated throughout the semester.


Take a look at the Fall 2020 semester with this downloadable PDF.


Download a digital copy of the KU TRIO SES & STEM Student Handbook.


To request a laptop, calculator, or other technology-related items (e.g., headphones, webcam), complete the TRIO Checkout Request Form.  

TRIO SES & STEM has a limited number of laptops, calculators, headphones, and other technology-related items available for program participants to borrow. Laptops, calculators, and other items are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis for up to one semester. Once all items have been checked out, students will be added to a waiting list.

Technology items will be available for pick up and return by appointment between 10 am-3 pm, Monday through Friday, outside of Room 7, Strong Hall. 


To request a book(s), complete the TRIO Checkout Request Form. Books will be available for pick up and return by appointment between 10 am-3 pm, Monday through Friday, outside of Room 7, Strong Hall.

TRIO’s lending library is still available during the Fall 2020 semester. Books range from test preparation to scientific textbooks. Please view the most up-to-date list here.


To get more information about on and off-campus resources please visit our partner's websites:

Academic Achievement & Access Center Student Resources

Academic Achievement & Access Center Academic Success Guides

Emergency Aid Network - Connecting Jayhawks to campus and community financial resources

Office of Diversity & Equity Student Resources

Student Affairs Student Emergency Assistance Fund

Frequently Requested Information

Where can I get medical care while at KU?

Currently, enrolled students at KU can access some services at Watkins Health Services on campus. Some services are provided free to any student; others are provided at reduced “Health Fee” rates. Watkins cannot bill any government health plan (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare) so if you have those insurance plans, you will want to contact the Business Office at 785-864-9520 to find out what services are free and which you may be responsible for paying on your own.

Heartland Community Health Center in Lawrence accepts patients who are uninsured, individuals with Medicaid or Medicare, and most commercial insurance. In addition to routine primary care, Heartland Health also offers Psychiatry, Behavioral Health, Dental & Physical Therapy services.

Some individuals may qualify for Medicaid in the state of Kansas. Review eligibility guidelines and if you feel you might qualify, you can schedule a free appointment with A Compass Project here in Lawrence, to discuss your options. Call 785-841-7297 ext. 219 or email compass@heartlandhealth.org to schedule with an eligibility specialist.

Is there any help available to pay for my textbooks?

KU Libraries will help you to see if a textbook might be available for you to check out.

The KU Bookstore can do a cost comparison for your books and see if there are used versions or rental options.

The TRIO SES & STEM office has some books available for TRIO participants to check out. Visit us at Rm. 7 & and ask our Office Assistants about this resource.

**See question below about emergency funds**

Does KU have any emergency funds to help if I can’t pay my bills?

There are some emergency funds that students can apply for through the KU Emergency Aid Network.

KU Endowment offers small loans that can be used to cover unexpected costs.

You can let your TRIO Student Success Specialist know if you’re having difficulties with bills, and they will help you to explore options.

Your Financial Aid Advisor can discuss your available aid and also identify sources of additional funds. Your TRIO Student Success Specialist can help you to get in touch with our Financial Aid Liaison for TRIO students.

Are there resources to help me with time management?

Your TRIO Student Success Specialist would be happy to talk with you about time management and share some strategies that other students have found helpful.

The Academic Achievement & Access Center (AAAC) in Strong Hall has created some helpful guides about common concerns, including Time Management.

AAAC staff will also meet with you one-on-one to discuss success strategies for time management, study skills, and test-taking. Contact AAAC to set up an appointment or ask your TRIO Student Success Specialist about referring you.

Where can I find good used clothing?

The Professional House of Garments (PHOG) at the University Career Center in Summerfield Hall, Rm 206 provides free professional and business casual attire appropriate for career fairs, interviews, and the workplace. Open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. weekdays.

Watkins Student Health Services has available some free used winter outerwear in good condition. Inquire on the main floor at the Records & Registration desk, or call 785-864-9500.

Are there places on campus where I can get free food?

The Campus Cupboard is located on the fourth floor of the Kansas Union. Operating hours are available at http://hunger.ku.edu/. All KU students, staff, and faculty are welcome!

Other free food resources in the Lawrence community can be found at https://justfoodks.org/resourceguide/

Where can I find out about part-time jobs on campus?

Student jobs on the main campus are listed at http://employment.ku.edu/. If you are eligible for Work-Study, you can enter that filter in the Search all student job postings box to see which positions may give priority to work-study students. Positions are posted year-round, so check frequently.

Many student jobs are also posted on the Kansas Union's job board, which can include working in the residence hall dining rooms, campus coffee shops, and dining locations, or the KU Bookstores.

Other campus jobs are offered with KU Endowment, Kansas Athletics and the KU Alumni Association.

The University Career Center, Summerfield Hall, Rm 206, can help with your campus job search, job application materials (resume, cover letter), and interviewing practice. All services are free to KU students. You can schedule an appointment through the HireJayhawks.com feature on their website, or by calling 785-864-3624.