The Opening paths to Individual Opportunity aNd Success (OPTIONS) program is a five-day residential program designed to assist first-generation college students, low-income students, and students with documented disabilities transition from high school to KU. The program connects participants with campus organizations and resources that further the university’s strategic goal of increasing retention rates of first-year students.
The 2018 OPTIONS program will run from Sunday, August 12 through Thursday, August 16.
OPTIONS is offered at no cost to eligible freshmen students!
This program is for you if you want to:
- make your transition to KU easier
- move in a week earlier (before your roommate comes to campus)
- have extra time to become familiar with campus
- connect with other KU students like you
- ask questions directly to KU personnel and professors
- learn how to manage your scholarships, grants, and loans from experts
- get help finding campus jobs
- learn more about KU resources and how to succeed in college
- enter to win a $500 scholarship