TRIO SES assistance is free and available to the University of Kansas students who are U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents and meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • First-generation college students. This means that none of a student’s parents or guardians received a bachelor’s degree.
  • Students with a documented disability. Students with disabilities should register with the Academic Achievement and Access Center, in room 22 of Strong Hall.
  • Low income. A student whose family meets the federal guidelines for low-income status.