- You completed an application and signed a TRIO SES/STEM participant agreement for the 2018-2019 academic year by the priority deadline. The priority deadline for this year is November 1, 2018.
- You are an active TRIO SES/STEM participant: You have been accepted to receive services from the SES/STEM program and are in compliance with the SES/STEM Student Participation Agreement you have signed.
- You have maintained your status as an active participant during the fall semester and have signed a re-application/update form for the spring semester.
- You are a federal Pell grant recipient. Please note that rather than merely qualifying for Pell, you must actually be a recipient.
- You are a current KU student “making satisfactory progress toward graduation” as defined by Financial Aid and Scholarships. Note: In most cases, this means that the student has at least 2.0 GPA (although some students on probation might also qualify) and that the student is enrolled in at least 12 hours.
- You have a “gap” between the cost of attending KU and the amount of financial aid you have received for the year in which you are applying for the TRIO grant as determined by Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- The “gap” must be equal to or higher than the minimum amount of Pell grant for a full-time student appropriated for that year. Example: If the minimum appropriation for Pell is $600, your “gap” should be at least $600.
TRIO grants cannot exceed your student financial aid “gap.” Example: If your “gap” is $1,000, the amount of your TRIO grant must not exceed $1,000.